Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Through The Craftroom Door Magazine Post

Howdy from the Ranch! 

This is my first post as a designer for:
 Through the Craftroom Door Magazine!



The sponsor for this challenge is:
The Fantasy Art of Nikki Burnette.

The digi I used is entitled: "Aelita and Jax". 


The prize for this challenge is 3 digital images. 

You can enter your TTCRD challenge project here


Here is how I created this 'friendly' project. 

My sister-in-law gave me some cast offs!
This one was never used because the center
board is crooked. 

This frame is 11x14. The center piece - which was turned up long ways for this project - is 6x8". 

I got to thinking about the digi 
and decided that Jax (the bat) must
be a very good friend to Aelita!
Plus she has lots of kitten friends too!



Using black gesso - the fun begins!



The little board was just done helter skelter. 
Not sure why!


I used the Windswept Tree stencil and completely forgot to get a photo of the DecoArt Americana Weathered Wood being applied. It gave my tree super great crackle texture. 

Now to add lots of leaves. I could have done some fancy leaves but thought it would be better to let the focus be on 'Aelita and Jax' for this piece! 

My grandchildren were amazed at the way the DecoArt Media Interference Fluid Acrylics went on as a milky white against the black and then turned into such gloriously dynamic colors.  In this picture you can see some of the paint has turned to it's color and some is still milky white. I didn't wait for it to dry but just kept randomly painting colors.


Next, with a liner brush, each leaf was lined with Copper Kettle Metallic Lustre.



And the "friends" lettering was done with Brilliant Turquoise Metallic Lustre. 




The last layer on the leaves was Dioxazine Purple. 
Again - just as a liner around each leaf. 
Silly me - I just love to paint with my liner brushes.



Now a bit of stamping on the kitty cats.

Newsprint - Vintage Vanity Clearstamp 
by Prima/Finnabair


Triangles by Kaisercraft Clearstamps


Flower Heads by Crafty Individuals


Some DecoArt Media Antiquing Cream helped to lighten up the branches and leaves behind Aelita. 


All the digi images were attached with DecoArt Media Matte Medium and the project was sealed with Media Gloss Varnish. 


Here is my sweet teenage granddaughter helping with ideas for the project. It has been such a blessing to spend time with my four grandchildren this summer.



Products used for this creation!


A few photos of the finished piece. 
There is no way for you to see the gorgeous shimmer and glitz of the metallics and lustres. 
It is so FUN to see in person.  







Thanks bunches for spending time with me!!
I am grateful for your comments and your love!! 
Hugs. j. 

=============================
========================
=================
===========
=======