Wednesday, May 18, 2016

My RANCH Artwork - DecoArt Media on Huge Wooden Signs



For quite sometime folks have been saying that I needed some of my art work at the ranch.  It is at the ranch (in my studio) but not readily visible to others.  Someone teasingly said to paint a mural on front of one of our guest cottages!!!  As of this week, there is officially Joi artwork visible to guests at the ranch. FUN!


I will paint something else on the left side - just don't know what yet!  This is one of the entries to the garden. You can sit in our big, homemade, free standing, cedar porch swing and see this sign. 

In the picture below - you can see BOTH signs.Yes - I did TWO! The one in the far back is on the path that leads to the parking lots so I painted a blessing on it so they will see it as they leave. 


Here are the signs.
Hubby did the lettering - free hand with the dremel.





Another view of the garden and our home in the background! We are waiting on new ground cover in the rose garden on the right.  Our tree roses have not started to bloom yet. We are sure enjoying the veggies from the garden - yum!

NO... I didn't do all this work. We have ranch hands that help.


Here is how I did the signs with DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics.

On the 36" wide wood board, using my hands, I spread the paints. 
Yes - I am a hand painter!!!  Got a splinter too - whew!

My brother and I wrote the little poem.:)


And this one is the blessing sign.




Not only did I use DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics but also the DecoArt Media Misters. Such yummy colors for playing!
I mostly just sprayed and splattered and finger patted!!!


I am not sure what kind of flowers they are...someone said Texas Bluebonnets but mostly they are just artsy Joi flowers!!  I used my really long bristle liner brush and a blender brush.



And here are all the DecoArt products used!

DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics:
Phthalo Green-Blue
Quinacridone Violet
Diaxazine Purple
Pyrrole Orange
Primary Magenta
Translucent White
Green Gold
Sap Green
Vermillion 
Phthalo Turquoise
Diarylide Yellow
Primary Yellow
Transparent Red Iron Oxide
Quinacridone Gold
Ultramarine Blue
Titanium White
Blue Green Light
Yellow Green Light
Raw Sienna
Titan Buff

DecoArt Media Misters:
Purple
Shimmer Yellow
Shimmer Turquoise
Red
Shimmer White

DecoArt Media Gesso
DecoArt Media Tinting Base
PLUS... 




Not included in the pictures... dear me!

DecoArt Media Satin Varnish (indoor/outdoor - wow)
DecoArt Media Modeling Paste (on the flowers)
DecoArt Metallic Lustre:
Brilliant Turquoise (on the road) 
Majestic Purple (in the sky)

*****************************

As always , I am so grateful that you stopped by to see me! 
Love Love Love your comments - thanks bunches!
My blogger reply button is broken. Email me with any questions :)

May Grace and Peace Shine Upon You 
XX j. 





~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Happy to share with the following challenges:

Wood, Word and Something Wild
My project is painted on WOOD, surrounded by WOOD, in the WILD woods with WILD flowers and lots of WORDS too!!
========

Celebrate Your Style
HAPPY 1st ANNIVERSARY to you all!
"Celebrating My Style" by adding mixed media JoiArt to the ranch!

===========================



24 comments:

Brenda Brown said...

How wonderful to have your art on display outside for everyone to see Joi. It's beautiful and rustic. The flowers remind me of grape hyacinths - https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muscari_armeniacum. Love the words you have included and the ranch itself looks amazing xxx

Redanne said...

Wow Joi, what a delight this will be for your visitors! The signs look beautiful and your hubby certainly knows how to use a dremel too. You did a brilliant job together! Like Brenda said already, the flowers do look like Grape Hyacinths - they are beautiful. xx

Lizzy Hill said...

Looking FUNtabulous....the flowers are a very pretty touch & what a lovely way to greet/ leave visitors! I am in awe of your garden. Looks amazing!

Pamellia said...

HOLY FRICKADOODLES!!! Boy oh boy Joi, first of all, you have blown me away with your art once again!! I am just so hypnotized by your amazing lines and colour blending, what a stunning work of art on both sides!! How lovely that your hubby could help out with the words, very professional looking, yet not too stiff. Secondly...I AM COMING TO LIVE WITH YOU!!! Oh yeah, my bags are half packed already because your home is just everything I ever wanted!! All the wood and gardens and nature, what a wonderful place you have there!! I am so glad you shared some photos with us, I do hope you will show us more some time. sending big hugs!

Oh yeah, almost forgot...Thank you so much for joining us at Anything But Cute for our 'Celebrate Your Style' challenge! Hugs, Pamellia DT :)

Yvonne said...

HOLY MOLY! I AM IN AWE!!!! WHAT a fabulous way to bring your art into your everyday world!!!! UMMM>>>>I hope to one day see this amazing ranch of yours! It is stunningly beautiful!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE your take on this project!!!! WOW!!! JUST WOW!!!!

Nan G said...

Fabulous-ness!! Love that you can see the wood grain they the paints. Being a carpenter's daughter it's all about the wood for me. :) Beautiful art in a beautiful place! Makes one want to come for a visit. Hugs

Nan G said...

Sorry bout the typo....should be "wood grain thru the paint".

Candy C said...

Gorgeous, Joi!!! You are so talented, girlfriend! I love what you can do with paint! I love the colors, the woodgrains, the gorgeous flowers, the sentiments....EVERYTHING!!! <3

Unknown said...

Joi you are AMAZING ... loooooove your art from start to finish! Beautiful art by a beautiful soul in gorgeous surroundings. Much love big hugs Tracy xxxx

Unknown said...

Joi you are AMAZING ... loooooove your art from start to finish! Beautiful art by a beautiful soul in gorgeous surroundings. Much love big hugs Tracy xxxx

Jackie PN said...

Beautiful signs and quotes Joi! I do love the tiny purple hyacinths on the one- so pretty! hugs,Jackie

Pawsitively Creative said...

That's it, I am coming for a visit! I have to see these gorgeous and stunning signs in person. Love the wood burning of the words and round of applause for the free hand! Your flowers are always so fun to see come to life then you go and add in all of the loveliness of your ranch and I am hooked! Give your ranch hands a round of applause from me as well for the stunning landscaping! So very fun and thanks for sharing a bit of your paradise with us.
Thanks for joining our "Celebrate Your Style" challenge at Anything But Cute and sharing our Blogiversary! Hugz to you muffin! ~Niki DT

sarascloset said...

Joi, as always, I'm amazed at your gift of painting, and love how you've shared it with your guests and others who come to visit! I am especially loving that ocean sunrise (it would be sunrise for us here on the east coast). You've really captured the depth of the waves and the beautiful colors of the sky! And I would have to agree with whomever thought these were bluebonnets. I don't miss much about where I lived in TX, but I do miss the wildflowers blooming so profusely along the roadsides! Joi, you are an amazing lady, and you have such a giving heart! Thank you for sharing your gifts with us! Big hugs to you AND your hubby! PS: I have garden envy! Can't wait to see the roses in bloom!

sarascloset said...

PS Thank you for Celebrating Your Style with us at Anything But Cute. Hugs! Sara Emily DT

Cheryl Grigsby said...

FABulous!!! You had me at bluebonnet. I love the direction you took on this challenge and I really, really love the blessing. What a wonderful use of DecoArt paints. I love finger painting with them too!!! You rock, girl.

Unknown said...

Simply breathtaking!!!!! That's the way to personalize your entry to your garden!!! And those painted flowers are super awesome. How blessed you are to live in such a spectacular place. I am still dreaming about my own proper garden! A few years ago I dug 5 hours in my back ''garden'' to make a flower bed, got it done but after the flowers bloomed - the slugs won the fight!!!! I am back to my green grass only ''garden''!:) All the best!

Vintagehandmade said...

Oh, Joi it's fantastic! What a super talented artist you are! A big round applause for such an amazing piece of art work! Bravo!
Thank you so much for joining in our Celebrate Your Style challenge at Anything But Cute! Hugs! Branka DT xx

Annette Green said...

Wow! I'm ready to stay there. What a lovely setting and what a perfect place for natural art. I love your signs and how you incorporate your personal artistic touch. A perfect project in the wild for the Creative Carte Blanche challenge this month. Well done!

SewPaperPaint said...

Oh I just want to walk right through my monitor! What a fantastic place you have there, so perfect and these signs are a beautiful tribute. Love them each!!! Thanks a million for sharing this (totally perfect Joi style!) with us at Anything But Cute. Biggest hugs to you for your sweet comment to me the other day, almost teared me up! Love ya, Autumn

froebelsternchen said...

Fantasic art at you fabulous ranch! Great!

Win Dinn, Artist said...

WOW!!!!! You did a fabulous job on these signs, Joi, and I love it that you're using them to advertise your ranch. Aren't you just brilliant?!

yyam said...

Well, it's about time others get to enjoy your gorgeous artwork! Looks a beautiful ranch with a lot more space for more works of art! :)

Words and Pictures said...

Wonderful to see the ranch - already an artwork in itself with the abundant produce and those glorious wooden fences - adorned with some of your own personal artwork too. Fabulous!
Alison x

SewPaperPaint said...

Joi, what a fantastic post and gorgeous vibrant art! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Anything But Cute. I really loved visiting your ranch again, just feels like home! I'm so happy for you. <3 Congrats on a great final challenge at OCC. I am so sad it's over!!! Big hugs, Autumn