Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Tim Holtz, 12 Tags of 2015 - September

=====
==========
=================
==========================
================================

Hello sweet artistic friends!!  

Here is my September Tag creation for:



This is one of my fav tags this year because it was just fun to do. I decided to do mine in fall colors because it's Sept!  



Using the Ranger Adirondack Alcohol Ink Cardstock I added the Ranger Adirondack Alcohol Inks as follows: 

First try: gold mixative with peach and lemonade 
 I liked this and will use it another time. 
It's the first one in the picture below.

 Second try: watermelon, butterscotch, and gold mixative.  
As well as the blending solution, of course.

You can see below where I cut out the part used for the tag.



On the tag itself - Ranger Distress Sprays...
squeezed lemonade
ripe persimmon
antique bronze

I used a tag I had gesso on and for some reason my colors didn't want to blend right so I ended up with some unique blends - different on the front and the back. Crazy but fun!

There was no name on the stencil I used - it was a very old one. After the texture paste was dry I lightly went over it with Ranger Archival Ink in Black and Vermillion.  I love, love, love how the archival ink looks on the transparent gloss texture paste.  So much so that I even put it on another sheet that already had paint on it!
I will use it later but here is a sneak peak! 


Here is the "unknown name" stencil! 


The Ranger texture paste after applied is milky but dries clear!


Both of the dragonfly stamps are from Stampendous. I love dragonflies so chose to use those!



The first time around I forgot to stamp the dragonflies on first - under the texture paste.  Thank goodness I realize it before it dried and was able to wipe it off quickly!! 

I used my Misti for the stamping so I could double stamp if needed.  The dragonflies were stamped both on the orange card as well as on the Idea-ology frosted sheet.  

The dragonflies were fussy cut from the frosted sheet and formed with the heat gun to fit on top of the other stamped images.

Here are some close-up pictures. 











Thanks bunches for stopping by. And a big thanks to Tim & Mario for this super fun September Tag.  I enjoyed it!  Hugs. j. 

===============================
=======================
================
===========
======

11 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful tag, love the colours you have used, your tag is much nicer than the original, but don't tell Tim! Have a lovely day Sweetie, hugs, Valerie

Lizzy Hill said...

Great tag - I really like the dragon flies.....& happy accidents, too:) Hope your DH is well and truly on the mend now, too!

Win Dinn, Artist said...

Wow, wow, WOW! That tag is just glorious. I love all the layers and the colour is truly outstanding (that's MY kind of subtle :D). Well done! xo

Candy C said...

Your take on Tim's Septrmber tag is really pretty. I like how you experimented with color and ended up with such a lovely autumnal flair. The dragonflies in black are a great touch. You are really an inspiration with your wonderful Comments and your art!

Words and Pictures said...

Talk about deadlining!! Great that you got it done and it's fabulous... love the fiery colours, perfect for DRAGONflies!!
Alison xx

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Your background is gorgeous, and love that you did dragonflies...maybe the first one I've seen! Great take!

Jackie PN said...

This is just absolutely stunning Joi!!! Gorgeous to the max! Love thosee frosted wings!
Jackie xo

Pawsitively Creative said...

Gorgeous take on this months tag! Those colors are such a wonderful combination! And the dragonflies work perfectly with the colors. I agree with you about this technique being lots of fun! It is a new favorite of mine as well! Awesome sauce dearie! Hugz! ~Niki

Unknown said...

AWESOME tags and tutorial! xxx

Unknown said...

AWESOME tags and tutorial! xxx

SewPaperPaint said...

Super cool! I didn't see anyone else do dragonflies. Looks amazing! Great background too!