Thursday, July 23, 2015

Intuitive Painting - Pretty in Pink - REPOST

===========
=============
===============

Repost... Intuitive Painting on Canvas

Repost for:
Seth Apter's Buried Treasure Collaboration

Click Here to see Incredible BURIED TREASURES

This is a 14 x 20 canvas. I began by taking pink and cream acrylic paints and just spreading them everywhere.  I started with a brush and before I knew it my fingers were in the paint!!!  Knowing it was an intuitive painting - I tried to purposefully paint in different directions.  I love a little shimmer or uniqueness in my paintings so I added a bit of amazing silver acrylic (Winsor & Newton).  The pink paint was an Iridescent Pink Pebeo and the cream was buff titanium.  

It still seemed rather boring so mixed some pink, cream and silver with flow medium until it was soupy - and began dripping it down from the sides of the canvas.  I enjoyed watching it go in different paths and adding a bit of dimension.  

Just before I stopped to let it dry... I saw a short black oval cup on my desk - the kind that dressing comes in with take out food!!  So I picked it up and pressed it into the paint - just here and there... simply because it was handy!!!!!!!!!!!!  

When it was dry - I set it in front of me as I worked and kept looking at it turned all different way.  Didn't see a thing.  I asked hubby if he saw anything - nope.  Oh dear... there has to be something - doesn't there?  The next evening I was sitting in my chair - with the painting propped up at a distance - glancing at it... and I saw the branch of a tree.  If you look at the first picture - you will see what looks like "leaves" in silver - that's how I got started.  

I began to outline the branch and find the rest of the tree.... and all of the sudden - I saw a window.  NOW I was excited.  And how crazy is that - the silly little dressing cup that I grabbed because it was just there... turns out to be the window????!!!!!  Yep!  

It's just sooooo sooooo sooooo amazing to me that this big pink house or hotel came from my spreading paint helter-skelter!!  

Now - please know - I have never ever been any where or seen anything that remotely looks like my little "block" corner of the world!  One friend told me it looks like New Orleans.  And an online friend said Italy.  I have barely been out of Texas so for me... this is a quaint vacation spot scene.  I put myself in the center window and imagine smelling the flowering tree as I look out and see the ocean.  Can you see me?  Yes, that is a person in that window over the tree!!!!!! 

Thanks so much for looking at my pink intuitive art creations.  Hugs. j. 
---------------------------------
In the beginning.....



Turn to the rights and.....
can you see the tree in the picture below? 




Here's my outlines!





The colors look different because I took the first ones during the day and the finished ones at night.  The shading is burnt umber.
















~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

========================
====================

12 comments:

Donna B. said...

This is a gorgeous painting! I love how you used the pink. Thanks so much for playing at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge.

Unknown said...

Thank you for your compliment Donna. It encourages me! Happy Valentine's weekend. j.

Pascale B. Scrap said...

Wow!!! Great work, your canvas is fantastic!! Thank you for joining the Mixed Media Place challenge!

Desire Fourie said...

Wow this is stunning canvas art. Just love the scene.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Unknown said...

Thank you Pascale. After viewing all your gorgeous work for various DT - I consider that quite the compliment. :) I am grateful for Mixed Media Place where folks like me can have a home! j.

Unknown said...

Ahhh - thank you Desire. I was just enjoying your great pictures at Doing Life. That elephant made me laugh out loud!!! Such a perfect project for the occasion! j.

Riikka Kovasin said...

This is really fantastic! Wow! Thank you for joining the Mixed Media Place challenge!

Melanie said...

Beautiful project! Thanks for playing along with the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge.

Unknown said...

Thank you Rikka. I am totally WOW over your black gesso/panpastels artist palette. That is my favorite kind of artwork - way out of the box and totally beautiful. Anyone would be thrilled to have that in their craft room. For me - it was breathtaking. Thank you so much for sharing it and for leaving me a comment too. j.

Unknown said...

Hi Melanie! Your Ragamuffin Girl is ADORABLE... makes you just want to HUG HER! I tried to leave you a comment on your page but I just couldn't get it to come up. It's raining her so probably my connection - frustrating. You are wonderful with faces - she is beautiful. And her dress is just perfect - I love the patchwork look. The sentiment is just right too. Great piece of art. Thanks so much for taking the time to comment for me. j.

Lynn K said...

Great project!! Thanks for joining us in this month's Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!

Rachel said...

beautiful painting! i love that you're not a big PINK fan, yet yoou still created such a large canvas with pink. It's lovely! Thank you so much for playing with the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!
-Rachel
rwkrafts.com